So today I just wanted to share with you one of my FAVOURITE SMOOTHIE RECIPES, I call it my Green Goddess.
I LOVE smoothies because they are jam packed with essential nutrients, they are FAST and CONVIENENT for when you are on the go (Or maybe when you are running a little late, like I know I am sometimes.)
Thanks to the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program, I was taught just what makes a smoothie NUTRITIOUS, HEALTHY and a BALANCED meal rather than just a sugar filled delicious ‘treat’ you might pick up at a juice shack in the mall.
See… The number one key to a healthy smoothie is to have MORE GREEN VEGETABLES than fruit! Fruit is FULL OF SUGAR, and although these are natural sugars… they are still sugar! Which can be overwhelming for your insulin levels.
This is why my Green Goddess Smoothie was created to help balance my blood sugar and insulin levels first thing in the morning. So I have included:
- CUCUMBERS – are magical for our skin! They are rich in silicon, which is a beauty mineral that’s essential for healthy connective tissue, skin moisture and elasticity! So if you want to keep your skin looking young, be sure to add cucumbers into your smoothies!
- KALE – is actually one of the best known cancer fighting vegetables on the planet! As if that isn’t enough for you to eat kale, the calcium in kale is more absorbable in the body than the calcium in cows milk! – COULD SUB FOR SPINACH
- AVOCADO – A powerhouse of nutrients and an excellent source of monounsaturated fats which fuel your brain!
I put avocados in EVERYTHING, but if you don’t LOVE avos starting with them in your smoothies is a great way to get past the texture.
- 1/2 APPLE (This is for added sweetness) like I mentioned fruits have a ton of sugar, so half of an apple is plenty for one serving.
- HEMP HEARTS & CHIA SEEDS Which are also a complete source of protein and a great source of cell-strengthening omega-3 fatty acids which reduce inflammation in the body. Chia seeds are packed with soluble fiber which improves elimination and reduces bloating.
- CINNAMON – regulates blood sugar, preventing insulin spikes which is important especially for breakfast.
- 1/2 Scoop PROTEIN – Be careful don’t buy the cheap stuff! The inexpensive protein powders are FULL of additives, which you want to stay away from. Some great brands of protein include GENUINE HEALTH, VEGA, IRON VEGAN, etc. There are many more but those are some which I use, so just check the list of ingredients before purchasing! – 1/2 a scoop makes less chalky which makes for a SMOOTHER consistency.. which is key to a delicious smoothie!
- 1/2 a scoop of DAILY GREENS supplement. This ensures that I have hit all of my important vitamins & nutrients in this smoothie, however it is not necessary to add.
- Almond milk OR water
Now I just wanted to mention that before I enrolled in the Culinary Nutrition Expert program, I had heard people raving about smoothies, but I didn’t really understand WHY. I was dabbling into the health world and I felt really overwhelmed with all the information out there.
I mean there were all these things I had never heard of like chia seeds, maca, matcha, cacao, hemp hearts and the list goes on and on.
It felt as though there was SO much to learn that I didn’t even know where to begin. Heck I didn’t even know where to find half the ingredients in the grocery stores!
This is why I am forever grateful that I found the Culinary Nutrition Expert program.
The program has such an incredible flow that you can come in a beginner and learn an incredible amount of knowledge while receiving HANDS ON experience.
By the end of the CNE program I can honestly say I felt a sense of confidence that allows me to now share my passion with others. It is such an incredible feeling to be able to empower others to make informed decisions about both their dietary and life style choices.
That is why I am so passionate about sharing this incredible programs with others because I believe we need to find more confidence in the kitchen and rely less on the fast food & preservatives we were brought up on.
SO there you have it.. my FAVOURITE go to smoothie which delivers a burst of energy and brings happiness to your cells!
I hope you enjoy it.. be sure to hop on over to my FACEBOOK PAGE and let me know how yours turned out!
I look forward to connecting with you. Have a great day!
– 1/2 cucumber (peel skin if not organic)
– handful of spinach (1-2 cups)
– 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Genuine Health or Iron Vegan)
– 1/2 avocado
– 1/2 apple
– 1.5 tbsp Hemp Hearts
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 scoop of greens supplement (optional for optimal health! I use Genuine Health)
– Almond milk or water to desired consistency
1. Chop/prepare vegetables
2. Add all ingredients to blender.
3. Blend to desired consistency.
4. Pour and ENJOY
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!