In order for something to grow, you must nourish it. You feed your children, you feed your pets, and you feed yourself. If you want to learn a skill you must show up everyday and work on that skill. Nourish it until it grows.
If there is one thing that I have learned while being a health coach, it is that we must nourish OURSELVES as we nourish our business and every other aspect of our lives. Sometimes you can get so wrapped up in all the creativity, learning and excitement of running a business that you forget to take care of yourself.
It is funny how I coach women everyday to stress less by making more time for themselves. Yet here I am, burnt out after a crazy few months of juggling too many opportunities and dreams all at once.
So today, I am here to remind myself that we MUST NOURISH TO FLOURISH. You can only push yourself so far and so hard before you crash. Nobody likes to crash and end up sitting out on the sidelines anxiously waiting to get back in the game.
THREE TIPS TO INDULGE IN MORE SELF CARE
- PLAN AHEAD – In today’s world we are overly busy. Schedule time for self care and treat it as an important meeting. It is a commitment that will benefit your health and wellbeing!
- INCORPORATE SMALL ACTS OF SELF CARE INTO YOUR DAILY ROUTINE – Go big or go home is NOT the right mentality when working on self care. Yes a trip to the spa is awesome! However, it is far more beneficial for your OVERALL well being to take a few minutes everyday for self care rather than a day at the spa every once in awhile.
- BREATH – This is sometimes easier said than done. Breathing is automatic for us, however, in today’s busy world we must SLOW DOWN. It is easy to step into overwhelm so taking a few minutes to incorporate some deep breathing can be super beneficial for our mental and physical health.
This week I have made a commitment to schedule in some important self care dates:
- Long walk through the forest trails with my puppy, Tito.
- Crossfit – Two classes
- Leisure reading – 20 mins a day
- Meditation class
- In bed before 10pm every night.
What can you do this week to improve your self care routine?
Hop on over to my Facebook page and let me know! 🙂